I’m working through lots of various ideas at the moment, and some things are starting to emerge:
- A preference for practice over theory. “Show me”
- A low-key interest in urban design that I’ve had for a long time
- Investigations into geo data, sparked by douglas’ entry in the field
- A renewed appreciation for software but when deployed for a purpose, and especially data crunching, in service of something other than business practice, day to day operations, plumb things together, … as I’ve been doing for the last few years
- A pervasive feeling of art, music, etc, as narcissistic escape from dealing with real people and real problems. In the long run, they’re all that civilization really produces, but in the more immediate term art seems like a way to avoid the world in a personally enriching way.